** THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED **
REAL FX is perhaps best described as a cross between slot-car racing (such as Scalextric) and radio-controlled cars, with a splash of video game technology.
As with Scalextric, you build a racetrack out of individual sections. Each car is fitted with infrared sensors that read the track 200 times a second and boasts “artificial intelligence”, allowing it to drive around the circuit on its own. Add a second vehicle to the mix and you’re set for a multiplayer, human v computer race with the “slotless” format allowing racers to overtake anywhere on track.
Virtual hazards, from tyre blowouts to oil spills, can add a number of wild cards to the track battle.
We have three sets to give away, plus, for one of the winners, a VIP British touring car championship hospitality package with Honda Yuasa Racing.
We have three Real FX Racing sets to give away, each worth £100, Visit for more information, and in case you don’t win you can find it for sale .
- 20 Real FX Senor-Track™ Pieces with 40+ customisable layouts.
- Two AI R/C racing cars
- Two AI R/C handsets
Please note: Real FX Racing is suitable for ages three years and over.
What’s more, one winner will also receive VIP race day hospitality at the 2015 British Touring Car Championship with Honda Yuasa Racing!
- Two passes to one of the remaining rounds of the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC)
- Access to the Honda Yuasa Racing hospitality unit
- Breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea with complimentary drinks all day
- Pit lane walkabout
- Exclusive grid walk and garage access
- Meet the drivers – Q&A plus autograph session
- Three BTCC races and seven support races during the day
- Live screening of all races in hospitality
- Honda goody bag
It’s a mega prize with a ticket value of £500, and access to the Honda Yuasa Racing team is by invitation only.
Please note: You must be 18 or over to join the Honda Yuasa Racing team and the choice of BTCC round will be subject to availability and an alternative will be offered if the chosen round is not available.
Full terms and conditions are below.
How to enter
** SORRY, THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED **
The easiest way to take part is via Twitter. All you need to do is retweet the competition tweet — — using the hashtag #STRealFX (be sure to follow , too).
If you’re not on Twitter, please use the competition entry form below.
The competition ends at 11.59pm on Sunday, August 9, 2015. Find full terms and conditions below.
REAL FX RACING COMPETITION RULES
- Open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional .
- Competition closes at 23:59on Sunday, August 9, 2015 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
- One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
- To enter this competition you must retweet the competition tweet and include the hashtag #STRealFX before the Closing Date, or enter via the online form on hotmailiniciodesesion.info.
- There will be one overall winner and two runners-up. The overall winner will receive one Real FX Racing set plus a VIP hospitality day at a British Touring Car race with the Honda team, while the runners up will each receive one Real FX Racing set (The Prize).
- Anyone found to use multiple entries to enter will be ineligible.
- The winners will be notified via Twitter or using the other details provided within 10 days of the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to the winner and the runners up during the specified time. If a winner cannot be ed or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The Prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
- The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition.
- The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited (the “Promoter”).
- General terms and conditions for competitions apply.
Additional terms from Real FX
- Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. Vivid reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. Vivid reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
- All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- Vivid cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Vivid reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
- The choice of BTCC round will be subject to availability and an alternative will be offered if the chosen round is not available.
** ENTRY FORM REMOVED **